Sunday, December 27, 2009

In the English 125 Course which started in August and ended in December 2009 with Mrs. Patricia which was the teacher and the leader of this course, we learned many new things, ways and techniques of learning this subject. We had many activities in the class and outside the class by the Independent Learning Centre and by Signing in to the Blogger to submit all our essays requested from out teacher’s side. Also, we learned how to work as a member in a group by adding comments on our partners and team members to make them do better and gave us the chance to evaluate and take a responsibility and a part of the team.

The best writing was the essay talking about Hajj. I learned many words which can help me describe this prayer to others in English who don’t know the words and meanings in Arabic by following the steps and things they must do and things they must avoid while doing this prayer. Also, it helped me to research in the websites and choose the best words which make sense and useful for my essay. It made me also be better in connecting the ideas with the words as a mean thing In this writing.
The most challenging part of this course was the reading section. First of all as a reading in general, I’m personally not a reader either in English or Arabic. It’s boring to me and I feel that I like to write and talk and listen much more than holding a peace of paper with distributed ink on it and from us to start pronouncing and reading and getting the ideas and it’s full of new and confusing words. I did my best by practicing indoor and outdoor activities handed by our teacher.

I think that I will do well in this course and pass it, and I will do my best to like the reading subject and learn more ways and techniques to read and get the ideas much faster than now. Hopefully that I will graduate with a better reflection about all sides of skills in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment